Withington runs a programme of affordably priced holiday activities during the school summer holidays for children from the local community. These include:
• A two-week Multi Sports camp
• A three-day Creative Writing course
• A three-day Art workshop
• An Animation Summer School
• Food Technology workshop
• Key Stage 2 Chemistry workshop
The activities are run by members of Withington’s staff, including PE staff, English teachers, the School’s Archivist, Performing Arts technician, Food Technology and Textiles teachers, Chemistry teachers, and Site staff.
External sports coaches are brought in to teach the children tennis and lacrosse.
The activities take place on school grounds using Withington’s facilities, including the new Sport & Fitness Centre and refurbished art room.
The wide variety of activities offered allow for an exciting and stimulating way for children to spend part of their summer holidays.
The courses are affordably priced and are structured so that early drop-off and late collection can be offered in order to help childcare arrangements for working parents.
In total, 136 children attended Withington’s ‘Summer Holiday Fun’ programme over the 2018 summer holiday.
• 34 children took part in the Multi Sports camp
• 22 children took part in the Creative Writing course
• 29 children took part in the Art workshop
• 15 children took part in the Animation Summer School
• 13 children took part in the Food Technology workshop
• 23 children took part in the Key Stage 2 Chemistry workshop