East Surrey Learning Partnership
The East Surrey Learning Partnership is a partnership of schools in the Merstham and Caterham area who work together to support excellent outcomes and ambition for pupils in local primary and secondary schools and builds on many of the partnership initiatives that have evolved in the area over recent years.
1. Curriculum support and enrichment
2. Supporting access to competitive HE destinations and post 18 information
3. Staff Development and Training
5. Access to Facilities
6. Governance opportunities
There is a regular programme of activity in all these areas overseen by a management group made up of representatives from all the participating schools.
- The ESLP is currently providing CPD opportunities for the staff of participating schools in ‘Coaching’, ‘Memory and Feedback’ and ‘Coding in the Classroom’.
- During the Covid Pandemic the ESLP has engaged Year 6 pupils with high prior attainment in Maths in a ‘higher order thinking’ tutoring scheme. Discussion around narrative and language has been developed using a pre - recorded podcast.
- The ESLP is contributing to the support of learning in lockdown, having sourced over 50 laptops to help bridge the digital divide.
St John’s Primary (Caterham)
- Drama club
- CPD East Surrey learning partnership
- Summer aspirations and access course
- East Surrey learning partnership activity days
- School volunteering
- Reading groups
- Fizzy maths
- The Wright Society
- Outdoor learning teacher hub
- Art teacher hub
- Theatre in education tour