Thames Valley Learning Partnership
The Thames Valley Learning Partnership (TVLP) is an equal partnership of state and independent schools in East Berkshire who believe that educational experience is improved by meaningful and repeated interactions between schools of different types.
The aims of the TVLP include:
- Providing collaborative and informative experiences for secondary-aged students across a range of subjects, thereby providing a variety of learning opportunities and diversity in social and cultural engagement.
- Ensuring that staff across our schools are able to share their passion for their specialist subjects and good practice with one another, and exchange views about current educational issues.
The TVLP’s history
In September 2019, the TVLP appointed a Coordinator to formally run the partnership and to create an Events Programme for the year. This includes subject-specific teacher networks, professional development opportunities, student enrichment workshops and events including a Student Leadership Conference, and competitions.
In future years, membership of the TVLP will be opened up to other state and independent schools in the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead, and in the Borough of Slough.
TVLP events programme
In 2019-20, the TVLP Events Programme included speaker events with Lord John Bird, Founder of the Big Issue, Muhammad Khan, award winning author, Professor Stuart Kime, Evidence-Based Education, Catherine Conway, Founder of Unpackaged (advisor to Waitrose), and Natalie Packer, SEN expert and book author.
It also included research events for students & staff, science networking events for staff, a TVLP logo design competition, a TVLP Student Environmental Photographer of the Year competition and exhibition, and a TVLP Hope competition and booklet.
- Beechwood School
- Eton College
- Herschel Grammar School
- Holyport College
- Lynch Hill Enterprise Academy
- Slough & Eton C of E Business & Enterprise College
- St Joseph’s RC High School
- St Mary’s School Ascot
- The Langley Academy
- The Windsor Boys’ School
- Windsor Girls' School