Promoting the Value of Sport to the Community
- Hosting, organising and providing facilities for clubs, schools and representative organisations, including swimming, athletics, hockey, netball, cricket, tennis, basketball, golf, football and fencing, as well as running lifeguard training courses.
- Hosting rugby courses and events such as the Mendip Cross Country League events, the English Schools Cup and the British Equestrian horse trials.
- Millfield Tennis coaches have hosted workshops to sharing high-level coaching information with county club members and coaches from Somerset
- Multi-activity courses are available at a subsidised rate for local children during school holidays.
- Millfield grounds staff teach at the Institute of Groundsmanship to assist in the development of better playing surfaces.
- Organising sports days for local schools.
- In partnership with England Athletics, hosted and delivered a regional coach and athlete training day for five local clubs.
- UTR Tournaments for children in a 1 hour radius
- Local children from four primary schools and clubs in a 30-mile radius use pool for lessons
- Hosted the South West Biathlon for 500+ entrants and the Millfield Laser/Run for 100+ local young people
- £16,000 charity donation made to the Neil Goodman Trust as part of the 2018 South Africa Cricket tour
Resources include the various sporting facilities at Millfield, including the swimming pool, golf course, fencing salle and equestrian centre. Teaching, non-teaching and sports coaching staff also contribute to the hosting and runing of these events and courses.
Ongoing promotion within the community.