Partnering with State Schools
- Millfield is committed to developing partnerships with state schools, and has opened much of our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme up to teachers from other schools.
- Millfield Art Department and Lower Sixth BTEC pupils have been working collaboratively on a creative project with local junior school Elmhurst.
- Year 8 pupils from the nearby St Dunstan’s School were invited to a three-day creative workshop at Millfield with our Lower Sixth Art Scholars.
- Four local primary schools were invited to educational science days, including liquid nitrogren explosions for Elmhurst Year 6.
- Two secondary schools took part in an Engineering Challenge workshop.
- Cyber Security and Lego learning festivals for local secondary school pupils.
- Inviting schools to attend lectures, conferences and competitions.
- Robot Workshop with High Ham and Kingsbury Episcopi Primary Schools.
- Outreach Tennis courses held at local primary schools.
- Hosting the Somerset UK Chess Challenge and UKMT Team Maths Challenge regional final.
- Hosting work experience for trainee teachers and providing initial teacher training in association with Mid-Somerset Consortium.
- Providing facilities for SAT test candidates for US university entrance.
- Taking local children and teachers to Worley Hill for guided walks and conservation experience.
- Hosting pupils from Durrington High School for an afternoon of sports activities.
- 60 pupils from St Dunstan's attended the Millfield Careers Day, with over 20 universities in attendance.