Impact of partnership work done in 2020 (ISC annual Census 2019)
- 10 state schools involved
- 500+ state school pupils involved
- 150 staff hours given
The School welcomes students from other schools in the following ways:
• Local maintained schools are invited to attend our academic lecture series (Emrys Jones’ lectures) to hear distinguished speakers
• Hosting GCSE/A Level external students during the summer examination session
• Allowing members of our teaching staff time to participate and organise events for various national organisations, such as one teacher being the Royal Society of Chemistry Representative for the North of England
• Sharing sports facilities such as our tennis courts, sports fields and our Swimming Pool with a number of local schools, including Waterloo Primary School
• The Schools’ Sports Centre has significant community use
• Being a regional hub for the MCC Cricket Foundation
• Strong relationship with Waterloo RFC including providing use of facilities
• Providing financial support and use of facilities to Northern Hockey and Cricket Club
• Hosting a regional chess tournament
• Hosting lifesaving and swim rescue courses
• Pupils from local maintained schools are invited to attend musical and dramatic productions during the course of the year, including special matinee performances exclusively for them, for example “Fame”- the musical.
• Sharing the concert hall/theatre and the dance studio with outside users
• Merchant Taylors’ Boys’ pupils undertake weekly community service placements in local schools, local charities and local nursing homes, including visiting Thornton Hall Residential Care Home.
• Members of staff serve as governors in maintained schools.