Debating programme held at Colfe’s School
Pupils from local state schools in Year 8 to10 are invited to join the Colfe’s debating teams – attending weekly two-hour training sessions and entering competitions alongside our pupils. Colfe’s has been host to a number of competitions including the ESU Mace, attended by state schools Brampton Manor, The Cumberland School and St. Ursula’s Convent School.
The aims of this programme is to:
- Provide pupils with an opportunity to learn the skill of debating – from how to identify and research a topic, right through to competing
- Give pupils the opportunity to work collaboratively in teams with those from other schools
- Stretch the most able pupils at state schools and provide them with a genuine enrichment opportunity
- Provide pupils with a feel of what it is like to study at Colfe’s and where applicable, offer guidance on our sixth form scholarship programme
- Act as a venue to help facilitate competitions for pupils from a range of different schools
Colfe’s also be hosts its own debating competition with in excess of 50 teams attending.