Impact of partnership work done in 2018 (ISC annual Census 2019)
- 6 state schools involved
- 100 to 200 state school pupils involved
- 100 staff hours given
King's Ely's students and staff have made a significant impact with our partner secondary schools and the local community.
King's Ely appointed a full time Director of Outreach in September 2018 to further develop the already established links with local state Primary and Secondary Schools in Ely and the surrounding area. In the Michaelmas Term 2018 a Collaborative Educational Partnership with two state secondary schools and with one local primary school was agreed. This partnership has been endorsed by the Director of Education for Cambridgeshire following his meeting with the Principal of King's Ely and the Director of Outreach. The Director of Education Jonathan Lewis, The Principal of King's Ely and the Director of Outreach will expand the partnership this term, to include additional state schools within the East Cambridgeshire area.
The Director of outreach attends the local Opportunity Area seminars and the local Primary partnership breakfast meetings. The vision statements for the partnership have included several of the government's priority statements for the East Cambridgeshire area and the DOO is on the steering group with Festival Bridge to develop the cultural offerings to pupils within the East Cambridgeshire area.
1. 117 Year 7 students from one of our partner secondary schools attended a joint performance of "A Christmas Carol" by Quantum Theatre Company
2. 65 students from three secondary schools have been invited to attend a lecture at King's Ely delivered by Lord Robert Winston
3. Students form a local secondary school have attended the senior school production of Jesus Christ Superstar
4. Senior school GCSE and A level drama Students from local secondary state schools have been invited to join us for Drama workshops and to watch professional performances
5.King's staff and pupils have delivered a demonstration of music to 200 pupils at a local secondary school which has just opened. The schools presently has Year 7 and Year 8 pupils with the specific aim of encouraging boys to sing and help them establish an enthusiasm to join and form a school choir.
6. A senior member of staff has led an Erasmus evening for teachers from local schools to disseminate the project and how to apply for funding.
7. 7 Year 12 international students are volunteering on a weekly basis in one of our partner Primary School
8. The Senior King's Barbers (Acapella Boys Choir) are National Champions and they have visited local schools to share their knowledge and experience
9. The marketing department have published an Arts Centre brochure to advertise to partner schools and the wider community "Outreach" opportunities for the public to attend musical concerts performed by visiting professionals eg Franz Schubert's Winterreise by Lucy Taylor Mezzo-soprano
10. ECGC supported the Children in Need broadcast with Ellie Harrison for Country File in November 2018
11. King's average annual expenditure to our top 10 local suppliers range from £42,981.95 -£91,484.14 totalling £696,571.01