Making A Difference Day
Each July all Senior School Pupils (excluding those who have just completed their exams) spend a day involved in a range of activities to support the local community.
These activities include such things as;
- preparing and serving food to the homeless
- clearing local overrgrown church yards
- running a Sports Day for a local primiary school
- running a drop in centre for Cheltenham & Stroud Open Door
- assisting at a local food bank
- Making cakes, serving tea and cooking a bbq for residents of a local care home
The aims of this annual day is to provide Wycliffe students with the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the local community across a range of areas, assisting members of the community most in need.
Make A Difference (MaD) was originally conceived and organised by the College Chaplain and has been running for 2 years since 2018.
Over 40 staff, teaching and non-teaching are involved in the day.
The College provides all of the transportation.
The impact of the Day is significant to those whom the pupils support. Feedback is reviewed in detail to assist with planning future events to maximise the impact.
Over 150 pupils are involved from Year 9 - Year 13 (13 - 18 years old).
One day per annum.
Plans to continue for future years.