Aims of the project
- Engaging students with the broad concept of equality.
- Discussing the extreme nature of inequality in the UK.
- To train up Sixth form Equality Ambassadors to champion equality in their schools
Background and goals
Having read The Inner Level: How More Equal Societies Reduce Stress, Restore Sanity and Improve Everyone's Wellbeing (Pickett and Wilkinson), Head of Geography at Bedales teamed up with the Equality Trust to run a training event for sixth form students.
Bedales is hosting the one-off conference.
The event includes workshops and talks from:
- Nye Cominetti, Analyst, Resolution Foundation
- Dr Wanda Wyporska, Executive Director, The Equality Trust
- Dr Neil Herrington, University of East London
- Paul Turner, Head of Geography, Bedales
Create Student Ambassadors in their schools to champion equality, eg. by giving an assembly based on the conference.
30 students from 15 schools will attend including five grant maintained schools or academies.
Frequency and duration
This is a single event taking place on 20 June 2019.