A meaningful partnership is one which;
- Is sustained over several years.
- Provides clear evidence of impact on the achievements of children.
There are two types of activity involving pupils: working with others of the same age, working with younger children as mentors.
The key necessary elements of a successful partnership project are;
- Two head teachers who have a common goal
- Start small and grow
- Try to have a timetabled slot for the activities, like a Friday afternoon
- Do what is needed most such as Modern Foreign Languages support
- Involve parents
- The staff running the project must meet at least once a term and they must be committed and efficient
- Review progress regularly